Niagara Skydive Center Logo

Niagara Central Airport
435 River Road, Hangar #1
Pelham, Ontario, L3B 5N6
dz@niagaraskydive.com

1-866-564-JUMP
905-735-JUMP

24/7 WEATHER LINE
289-821-3233

FAQ

If you have any additional questions or concerns that we did not answer here, we encourage you to give us a call, or send us an email. Our knowledgeable staff would be more than happy to field all questions for you.

What kind of weather conditions would prevent me from jumping?

Clouds, wind, and rain all keep us on the ground. We cannot jump if the clouds are low and overcast, if the winds are gusty, or if it’s raining. Not only is it just unsafe to be jumping in those conditions, but it would also be rather unpleasant for you. We want you to fully enjoy your skydive experience, so when Mother Nature acts up, we sometimes have to sit it out.  Call our WEATHER LINE to check out the weather before you head out: (289) 821-3233

I’m ready to leave home and go for my skydive, but the weather looks bad. What should I do?

If you’re worried about the weather, give us a call first on our WEATHER LINE (289) 821-3233. Often times, the weather where you are is entirely different than what we have at our dropzone. This is due to our local microclimate, thanks to our position directly between lakes Ontario and Erie.

I am coming for my skydive later this week, and see that the forecast isn't great. Should I reschedule now?

Although the choice ultimately remains yours, we advise against rescheduling your reservation based on weather forecasts for several days (or especially weeks) in advance. This is because forecasts are merely an 'educated guess' and are likely to change.Once we get to within 2 days of your scheduled date, then we will have a more predictable idea of what the weather is going to do, though even this can still change, so always read weather forecasts objectively.

Remember, a 40% chance of rain doesn't mean it will actually rain. As we like to say, if there's a 40% chance of rain, there's still a 60% chance that you can jump, but if you stay home, it's a 0% chance.

Will you call me if my jump is postponed or cancelled because of weather?

It is your responsibility to check before leaving. Our recommendation is that you call the WEATHER LINE (289-821-3233) the evening prior to your scheduled skydive to confirm the weather forecast. We do not cancel reservations because of the weather. If the conditions are poor, you are more than welcome to reschedule to an alternate date at no cost to you.